Today I balanced my checkbook for the first time in three months. Pretty fuckin' scary. I decided to draw a line in the sand for the questionable period and simply started anew. I took into consideration checks that haven't gone through yet and am pretty damn positive I am not going bounce checks, overdraw funds, or incur ridiculous fees.
I also made a budget for the month and for the first time in my life am going to stick to it. I also refuse to charge anything to any of my credit cards anymore. If I can't pay for it then and there I probably don't need it (unless I really do need it - like groceries). One more step I am taking on my road to financial responsibility is no more shopping for me until I pay off at least one of my credit cards (I'm targeting mid-February here).
A friend of mine summed up my problem very well: I spend like I make a ton of money. And I don't. So its high time I started acting like it.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий