I just put my first application in the FedEx bin. Monday afternoon it will be where it needs to be and I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. I'm trying really hard to be positive - its really hard! But I'm tired of being pessimistic and depressed. I did the best I can and here's to putting my best foot forward.
One of my professors, who I'm sure hated me, has turned out to be a true gem. He took a long time writing my recommendation and realized I was cutting it close to my deadline, so he paid for me to overnight my application! I just spoke to him on the phone and he recommended I apply to another school. He even has a friend there (I'm assuming this will come as an advantage to me)! I don't quite make the GPA requirement but my professor has seen my transcript and if he recommended the school to me then he must think I will be able to do well there. Right?
I'm so glad I have had one good professor experience within my department, even if its not at my alma mater. The one class I took with him kicked my butt and I seriously hated myself for doing it (I had numerous anxiety attacks and, on occasion, may have cried). But the help he's given me is far beyond that of what I received from my professors at my alma mater. It really is very sad. But it turned out ok.
I went to my first show of the season last night. It rocked. *big smile*
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий