I know this will only drag out the remaining days I have at this crummy mind sucking job but I'm going to do it anyway:
39 days till I get my bonus, if I get a bonus
166 days till I can quit my job
216 days till my last day of work (I think)
During my terribly boring project meeting Mr. Boss announced him and his wife are due to have baby #4 in August. That would be about 13 months after the delivery of baby #3. I know Mrs. Boss is the money maker in the family but they just bought a McMansion, have an au pair, and are going to have 4 kids. Talk about raking it in.
In order to avoid huge changes in my life I'm contemplating not going to grad school and moving to New York. I could work in an investment bank, try working on the trading floor. It would be the exact opposite of what I do now -- fast paced, challenging, and actually using my brain. I would still be stuck in the corporate BS which is something I don't want to do but I think BS, corporate or not, will always be there, no matter what I do. So, am I thinking about putting off grad school because I'm scared of the unknown? Or because I'm not sure it's what I want to do.
Whatever the case may be I know that if I do go, taking out a loan and living hand to mouth for another year or so is not going to be fun at all.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий