среда, июля 11, 2007

Awkward.

Mr. Director is out of the office for two weeks and in his absence I need to go to Mr. CEO to get things approved. I went in his office today and as I walked in his office he scowled at me. So I tell him I need his approval on these things and hand them to him and ask if he'd like me to come back. You know, so he has time to look over things before he signs them. He says this: "No, I'd like you to stand right there and engage in idle chit chat with me." I basically stared at him and just before I was about to ask him about his shore house in NJ he says, "I hear you're looking to move to NY (company gossip chain, yes!). How's that going?" So we talked about that for a while and I told him I'm really happy here and I would like to stay with this company. He said he'd rather have me here than another company.

Whatever that means. Sometimes I feel like I can't believe anything I hear come out of these people's mouths. It's all talk. Until something is signed, sealed, and delivered, I'm not going to believe anything.

Комментариев нет: