I've been meaning to check out Penn Treaty Park, one of Philadelphia's lesser known parks, ever since I moved to this neck of the woods and finally got around to it today. In doing some last minute training for Saturday's race, my friend and I decided to go for a run. We each have our usual routes in our respective neighborhoods and, in need for a change of scenery, we decided to run along the Delaware River. It was a great run; there was a nice breeze coming off the river and a lot of people were out running, strolling, or just enjoying the evening. Best of all, there were no traffic lights to slow us down (not that we going that fast)! The park itself is pretty small but you get this wonderful view of Penn's Landing and the ships on the river.
We went to the Foodery after our run for some sandwiches and beer (to hydrate, of course!) and I tried out the Sierra Nevada summer ale -- Summerfest Lager. I'm usually not a fan of pilsners but this was wonderful -- light and crisp, perfect for a post-run beverage!
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий