I've come to learn that being smart, efficient, and ambitious are traits grossly underappreciated at my place of employment. I used to be a good employee but, over the years, I lost the motivation. So I started becoming a slacker. And, every now and then, when the opportunity was there, I would show enough effort and intellect to let people continue in their lazy ways where they wouldn't have to do anything because I did it for them. Or found a better way to do it. And now, I have entered a new phase. If things change or new developments are made and I'm not informed of it, I play dumb. I call everyone from my direct boss, to his boss, to the developers, stating a change has been made and nobody told me so I really have no idea what to do. Please help. And, instead of being passive aggressive and acting as if everything is ok when it's not, I make sure everybody knows how difficult they are making things for me.
Also, when I woke up at 6AM on Saturday morning to come into work I realized that I certainly do not get paid enough to put with all of this. This is not some NFP institution -- this is one of the largest investment banks in the world. So, I am going to work just as hard as they pay me. Hopefully I won't become too jaded by this experience.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий