пятница, сентября 28, 2007

GBF.

This is the post where I declare my love for GBF.

GBF and I met up with some folks for drinks last night. He called to confirm plans; we were taking the subway and meeting at Tria. I haven’t been to Tria in two months and, for personal reasons, refuse to go there ever again. GBF knows this and I confirmed with him that we were not going to Tria’s Rittenhouse location but their new spot in Society Hill. He confirmed and off we went. On the subway he came clean and told him that he tricked me – we were going to the Tria in Rittenhouse and he knew the only way I would come is if he lied. Normally I would have been pissed. But I had a feeling he was lying and I guess a part of me was ready to give it another go. So I went and had a good time. Drank some great wine, ate some delicious cheese, and then headed over the dive bar where we could afford to drink a lot more.

At around 1 we headed back to our neighborhood and decided we had just enough time to hit up the bar for one more drink. At this point, every single one of my friends would have bailed and said – nah, I have work tomorrow. I’m going home. Not GBF. We tried to buy shots, at 130 in the morning, but alas, we had no money. Two lagers later we fished through my bag for change to buy us some smokes and then headed off to our respective homes. We both woke up this morning feeling like crap and he threw up. Thank goodness we didn’t do shots.

As we were standing outside Tria waiting for our tables I told him I want to date someone but I don’t want to go through the awkward getting-to-know-each-other phase. I just want to jump right into that comfortable stage where you know each other, each others friends and families, etc. Basically what GBF and I have. We agreed, with the exception of him being gay and me being a woman, we have the perfect relationship. Except, as he pointed out, he did trick me to go out with him that night. Perhaps not that perfect after all.

But, we are getting manicures and pedicures together next month – I can’t wait!

Комментариев нет: