My uncle visiting this weekend forced to do a massive cleaning job in my apartment. Once I started I realized it wasn't half as daunting as I had imagined. I was done in a couple of hours! I just had so much clutter, tons of junk mail lying around. I really need to get in the habit of just throwing it away as soon as I walk in my door. Rather than putting it on my dresser or my couch or my bed. I also moved an arm chair from my living room to my bedroom so, in the likely event that I won't put my clothes away, they won't pile up on my bed. Task number two will be going to some thrift stores next weekend and buying a coffee table and a basic desk. I'm hoping not to spend more than $50 total. Now that my apartment is neat and organized I feel a ton better about my life. And when people stopped for drinks last night I didn't freak out and spend 15 minutes in a crazy mess trying to organize!
I went to the fire last night. I've been wanting to go there for a very long time but, for whatever reason, never ended up doing so. I like it there. It's kind of like Minfo. Before it closed. Except you have a pay a cover. But if it's one of the last remaining dive bars and also happens to have live music then I'll gladly pay. GBF's co-worker and I both went to Bryn Mawr (and actually knew each other!) and her boyfriend's band was playing. This band is all Haverfolk and so there were a ton of Haverfolk there. It was weird and nice at the same time. The bi-co community is so strange, we knew all the same people but never really hung out. One of the guys was close to my ex so we placed a 2 AM partially drunk call to him.
I spent much of the night talking to this kid who I knew from HC. I use the word know in the loosest sense possible -- never spoke to him but recognized his face. He was the goth-y type with baggy clothes, long hair, and tons of piercings. I always used to think -- hmm, and try and figure out what would posses someone to do that to themselves. He's got rid of all of this piercings, wears tighter clothes now, and has cut his hair. He's a mixed background expat type, a nomad. And in nursing school. So we talked a lot about our backgrounds and life and whatever and it was nice. He did the whole close-talking, touching my leg as we talked thing and a different me would have dug it, given him my number, and hoped he would call. Now? He knows how to get in touch with me and if our paths cross, that's great. But I've decided I'm not getting involved with men I could never bring home to my parents. I'm tired of dating "fun" boys with whom I have no potential for a future. If I'm going to date it's going to be for real.
I'm studying for the GMAT and I always thought I was better at the quant than the verbal. I was SO wrong. I'm rocking the verbal and totally bombing on the quant. Ugh -- this blows.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий