понедельник, сентября 17, 2007

New York.

I went up to NY yesterday. The last time I was there I came back hating it. This time I loved it. Perhaps it was because I wasn't stressed and rather than meet up with an old friend who I don't really like I met up with friends I do like.

I went to an MBA fair at the Hilton and it was nice to be around young people who are invested in their future. I do work with some young people but, regardless of their age, they’re all the same. They wake up, come to work, talk about what they watched on TV last night, go home, and watch more TV. On the weekends they watch football. They’re perfectly content with the jobs they have right now and have no aspirations for a career. They’re all very nice and I guess it’s not the TV watching that bothers me – it’s their satisfaction with the status quo. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Anyway, coming out of that MBA fair I’m pumped to get my application process moving at full speed. I have a lot of ground to cover in a very short period of time.

After the fair I went to Astoria and met up with C and D who recently moved from Philly. I think with a lot of my friends here, they’re just friends for the moment. If and when I leave, or if and when they leave, I don’t think we’d really keep in touch with each other. There are, maybe four people with whom I have a serious connection. C and D are two of them. And so it was really great to see them. I played with their new dog (a two month old pug) and we got really yummy Thai food (that was super cheap to boot!).

And then I took the subway to Chinatown, sat on a hot bus back to Philly, and, upon my return, was greeted by smelly homeless people cursing at no one in particular. This city is something else.

Комментариев нет: