Today I went to an International Seniors dinner at the Dean of International Affair's house. It was very educational. She had chinese takeout and we ate out of paper plates. We also had plastic cups and plastic forks. We had store bought cake and ice cream. I don't mean to sound like a snob but I expected home cooked food! This dean is a pretty cool woman and I still respect her a lot, despite the fact that she fed us chinese take out.
It was really interesting being with people who I entered Bryn Mawr with. Although I did do Customs and have since established relationships with my people in my customs group, this is a different group of women. Not to overdramatize the situation but I really feel a connection with these women that I don't have with other women at Bryn Mawr. We all went through this weird country called America together. And being with these women today, four years after I met them, made me realize how much I've changed. I came in young and silly. A lot of us have changed (or maybe were always mature) but others have remained the same. There were these women talking about plucking eyebrows, where they can find the best deal and what not. I think four years ago I would have been interested in that stuff. Thankfully I don't do any of the shit anymore. Even though I don't talk to the international kids on a regular basis, some of us have a special bond that is hard to explain. And I like that warm fuzzy feeling, its like being at home.
I've also decided I'm not marrying anyone until two things happens. I've spent a significant portion of time apart from them and I've lived with them. I think a relationship that can withstand long distance is strong and I want to know if I have a strong relationship or not. I also think you truely find out who a person is once you've lived with them. So thats my other goal. I have a feeling the second one is going to be hard to get past my parents. Oh but wait, first I have to find a man.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий