I must share a frustrating conversation I had with my mother earlier today.
Something to the effect of:
Mother: I am so upset that we moved. My whole life has been uprooted. I can't help others and pray for them because I have nothing. My routine and everything I had is gone.
Me: How can you say that when countless people have literally lost everything they had in the tsunami? So what if you moved. You still have all your belongings and eventually you'll estabish a new routine.
Mother: Don't compare me the people affected by the tsunami. This is a completly different situation. There was no control over the tsunami. We didn't have to leave. This didn't have to happen. I don't want to talk about this since you obviously don't understand what I'm going through.
How is it possible for me to help this woman if she won't listen to anybody? She's convinced herself that her life is over because she moved. I wish she'd come back to reality and see everything that she has and the many opportunities she has. Oh well, I guess its time for me to come back to reality too and see that my mother probably won't land back on earth in the near future. Keep your seatbelts fastened, the journey to denial isn't over yet.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий