четверг, февраля 22, 2007

Argh.

This whole being sick thing is really putting a cramp in my social calendar. I missed two great parties this weekend and am now going on weekend #2 where I feel like crap. I'm going to see the doc tomorrow so hopefully she will put me on drugs pronto so I can let loose and have some fun.

Today is the only day this week I am coming into work. Boy, do I hate it. What else do I hate? My silly co-workers decided not to bother with why my processes weren't working and have left it up to me to fix whatever wasn't working the entire week I've been out!!!! This is unacceptable!!! Unacceptable!!! Simple problem solving skills is all that is needed. Argh. Argh. Argh.

I found a good description of my job on Wikipedia:

"Operations involves data-checking trades that have been conducted, ensuring that they are not erroneous, and transacting the required transfers. Whilst it provides the greatest job security of the divisions within an investment bank, it is a critical part of the bank that involves managing the financial information of the bank and ensures efficient capital markets through the financial reporting function. The staff in these areas are often highly qualified and need to understand in depth the deals and transactions that occur across all the divisions of the bank."

Yawn.

I'm currently on the "buy side" of the market but think I would like to move into the "sell side".

I'm still torn between going to grad school or moving to NY. My father would consider himself a failure for raising such a child but I want to make money and drown in capitalism and material goods. There, I said it.

Speaking of materialism, I need to go shopping!!! At the very least I need one new pair of dress slacks and a new pair of khakis. I think a trip to Target is in order.

Комментариев нет: