четверг, февраля 08, 2007

SAD.

Or Seasonal affective disorder. Supposedly it's not a reaction to temperature but to lack of light. I would have to disagree. This week, where we've had some of the coldest temperatures in five years, I have been miserable. I mean, I called out of work sick because I couldn't get out of bed. That is SO unlike me!

Other weeks, exposure to light held constant, I've been fine. I get up early, hop off to the gym, and am in a general great mood.

The experts suggest light therapy but I just need it to get warmer already! Next week it's not supposed to get much warmer but we're supposed to get a shit load of snow dumped on us.

Wonderful.

Update: I turned on my desk lamp and I'm actually feeling more upbeat! I responded to a bunch of e-mails, took care of some invoices, and might even go the gym tomorrow! Maybe it really was the whole light thing that was getting me down.

Комментариев нет: