I went to the Abbey with some friends on Friday and I guess I'm part of the neighborhood because I saw not one, but two people I know from the neighborhood! The barrista/co-owner of the coffee shop I frequent came over to say hi and then, while outside smoking, I bumped into some guy I met a Halloween party. I've seen him around the neighborhood a few times and last week he re-introduced himself. We ride the el in the morning so we chatted then and again at the Abbey.
I'm trying as many winter ales as I can and I think I've had five so far. I had two when I went to the Abbey over Thanksgiving weekend but I have no idea what they were called. The third I've tried is the Sierra Nevada winter ale, not a huge fan. Sly Fox comes in a close second to the yummiest most wonderful winter beer I've had thus far: Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale.
I was shocked to find that Sly Fox is brewed about 10 minutes from where I work. Chester County has some great breweries. Well, two breweries both of which are great: Sly Fox and Victory. Sly Fox taps unique kegs every first and third Friday afternoon (I think) and runs them till they kick. I will have to take an afternoon off work one day and go; support local breweries!!
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий