четверг, декабря 06, 2007

Mr. Boss left the company last week to work for Big Bank in Jersey City. Mrs. Boss got promoted to another office which prompted their move. Until they sell their PA house and their oldest two finish up school, Mr. Boss is living in corporate housing and will commute back to PA on the weekends to be with the family. It's certainly and adjustment for the family but this is a great career move for both Mr. and Mrs. Boss.

Everybody at work just keeps bitching about how expensive it is for them to raise four children and how their family life is going to suffer and how he's going to miss his kids while he's in corporate housing and blah blah blah. It makes me sick. Just because these people are happy with their boring old jobs and their boring old lives it doesn't mean they need to take someone else down. I mean, do they even see the kind of doors this opens for the family? Their kids? When their combined family income is well over $200k I'm sure they're not as concerned about how they're going to send their kids to college.

When Mr. Boss was walking out the door on his last day Mr. South Philly/Dwight started bitching to him about how expensive it was to raise four children and how he had started a college fund for his children. "It doesn't even have to be for college, it can be trade school!" Trade school? Who aspires to send their children to trade school? I'm all for letting your kids find their own happiness but trade school? How about a 4-year college degree?

In other work news, my co-worker stole my desk organizer. The one where you can neatly file papers and keep your desk neat. We got new carpeting and had to box everything on our desks overnight. I noticed my organizer was missing this morning and saw that it was on my co-workers desk. "Perhaps there are two" I thought. Nope. Just one. When I told her mine was missing and asked her if she saw another one lying around she said, "No, I haven't but would you like mine?" She had the cheek to steal mine and then offer "hers" to me? Argh!

Комментариев нет: