вторник, июля 12, 2005

Behind the Wheel.

Yesterday was my first pottery class. While it was frustrating it was pretty awesome. I didn't actually make anything. Well, I sort of did -- it was a piece of crap dish that I didn't even get to pull up. So I'm going to strive to do better next week. I learned a lot about myself in the class though. I think I'm inherently lazy because I kept wanting the teacher to come over and help me and tell me when I was done centering and what I should do next. I wanted him to critique my style and tell me how I should solve the problems I was having. Obviously in a class with ten people I'm not going to get that attention. So when I figured out that I was going to have to correct my mistakes myself I ended up learning more about the act of throwing and I am probably going to get more out of the class. I can't wait to actually pull up the clay!

I am so desperate to go to a beach. I don't think humans are meant to stay inland for such long periods of time. Its not in their nature. Or not in my nature at least. I need the sun and I need the water. Stat.

Комментариев нет: