I am so lost about what class to take this fall. I know its going to be a calc class but which one? I haven't been in a math class since sophomore year of college and I was pitiful in that. I'm thinking it might be nice to take Calc II as it will refresh my memory, won't be too challenging, and they do it differently at Penn where they throw in some linear as well. But I do want the class to be challenging as I'm paying money for this and I want to get my money's worth. If I want to challenge myself I can take Calc III. I might fail if I take Calc III and I would certainly not be getting my money's worth then.
I talked to my dad about that and he basically said I don't have enough confidence in myself and I need to stop underestimating myself. I understand what he's trying to get at but the last thing I want to do is fail a class. I've been there, I've done that, and I don't want to go through all of that again.
The answer to this question seems simple: take Calc II. But, being the South Asian that I am, I don't want to have a confrontation with my father. Yes, I disobey him at least 50 times in any given day but these are all things he doesn't have to know about. When it comes to openly defying him (ie making my own decisions) there is no arguing with him. By me taking Calc II its going to be me thinking I know better than him. What he just doesn't understand is that, in this case, I do know better than him.
South Asian men -- grr!
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий