This band I really like is coming to Phila pretty soon and I have been pretty excited about this show for some time now. As always, there is a problem. My mom wants me to go to DC that weekend to spend time with her. I know it would be really selfish of me to stay because of some show but at the same time I hate how I have to change my plans because my mom can't make any.
I'm beginning to have second thoughts about my classes at Penn. I'm just not sure about anything in my life right now and don't want to make such a big financial decision about something I don't have a concrete opinion about. Its a lot of money for something I've already studied. Maybe I want to bail out because classes are going to start soon and its my last opportunity to back out of this and make a commitment.
I went out with a friend of mine from college over the weekend and I had a good time but hated the fact that I had to take care of her puking and passing out everywhere. I told her I wasn't going to hang out with her if she continued to binge drink and not be responsible. The sad thing about this whole conversation was that she didn't even recognize that she had a drinking problem.
I also felt incredibly resentful of her. I could be totally wrong about her but she's had everything handed to her on a silver platter and its so frustrating to be around someone that clueless. She has a job but has all of her expenses covered by her parents (rent, food, car insurance, gas, etc). She didn't even have her own bank account until she started working! When she was telling me that she uses her father's company's credit card at the gas pump (isn't that illegal?) I felt like saying "Oh, that must be nice" but knew she'd probably kick me out her car with that comment. I hate that I've become this bitter old hag that has to spread unhappiness just because I'm unhappy.
I'm still waiting for my luck to change.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий