понедельник, марта 27, 2006

Vacation?

My co-workers are busy grabbing up vacation days like there is no tomorrow. This past weekend I played pretend and imagined where I could go - LA, Montreal, Chicago (for the Pitchfork Music Festival), even the Jersey Shore! But its time I started acting like a responsible adult and use every extra penny I have to pay off my (huge) credit card debt. I am allowing some room for irresponsibility though, I'm going to be taking another class at The Clay Studio this spring. I can't wait!

I can't help but be jealous of people going on nice vacations. AB is going to Palm Beach, CA for a weekend and, as much as I hate to admit it, I kind of wish I had her life (or some elements of it). She does lack intellectual depth and a personality but she has a very nice comfortable life which includes a doting husband, an adorable daughter, vacations to exotic places, and cushy finances. (Ok, so I know this woman is about ten years older than me, but even at my age she lead a pretty comfortable life.) I'm glad I have a brain, independence, yada yada yada but sometimes I wonder if its just easier to turn all that off and become a stepford wife. It doesn't seem like it would be that bad.

Shucks - I was supposed to stop with all my whiney posts! What happened?!?!

Комментариев нет: