пятница, декабря 23, 2005

The War Against Christmas.

All of this "Happy Holidays" bullshit is pretty dumb. Even though a truely secular society is the higher goal there is only one holiday that is being celebrated by the American media and consumers - Christmas. All the holiday shopping and Santa Claus and whatever is all about Jesus. I'm not angry or offended that people are celebrating Christmas, its a religious/cultural belief. So whats the problem? Like I told one of my co-workers, I'm never going to turn down a gift. You can word it any way you like, I know its Christmas you're really talking about.

I don't know how I feel about the whole Santa thing though. If I were raised believing there was such a person as Santa Claus and honestly believed in him I think I would go through significant trauma knowing he is just some made up guy. How do kids deal with these lies?

The front page of the Metro had a picture of Santa getting a hot stone massage at the Phoenix. He also had his hair done and got his beard trimmed. I just don't get it.

1 комментарий:

unknown комментирует...

I think there is something to be said for tradition.