четверг, июня 08, 2006

An Almost Perfect Evening.

On my way home from I work last night I was like every child in America the night before Christmas - excited!!!

I got home, ate dinner, chugged down a beer, and high tailed it to the FU Church for a night I had been waiting for for many many weeks. It had finally arrived.

CWK ROCKED. They were so amazing it was so awesome. I want to follow them everywhere they go. I can't wait to see what the future holds for these guys.

The Figurines were alright. It really is true what they say about opening bands: if there are two opening bands, one of them is guaranteed to suck. I have never been to a show with all bands give a stellar performance. These Danish boys were very American and I think they tried WAY too hard. All the 14 yrs olds in the front were eating them up.

Tapes 'N Tapes. Ahh. So Pitchfork has said this band is going to be the next CYHSY. Based on the crowd last night I will have to say these guys are going to be bigger than CYHSY. I love CYHSY. And I love TNT. I hate/loathe/abhor the crowds that these bands attract.

All of these kids were between the ages of 14 and 17 (well, not all of them, just the kids in front).

And its not that they were young teeny boppers, they were moshing. To Tapes 'N Tapes. In the basement of a church. Moshing. Who the hell does that shit? I got stepped on, pushed, and almost dropped to the floor on several occasions. And I wasn't even in the "mosh pit"! I mean, this was not some Disturbed show, this is an indie rock concert. For reals! (Even though they will probably never read this, thank you to the two men who defended my honor and tried to keep me safe from the evils of the moshers.)

I'm not a music snob, I swear. I openly air my love of Phil Collins, Real McCoy, and whatever other crappy music I listen to. But I'm seriously beginning to think I should boycott the Pitchfork bands. Seriously.

I hear about most of these bands from NYC bloggers. When they blog about them, these bands are still fairly underground. By the time these bands make to Philly, they're on Pitchfork. I'm glad these musicians are receiving rave reviews and the attention they deserve but I will not be a part of this. No sir, not me.

I got home and quickly checked my upcoming shows - no more R5 shows ever again. Only 21+ venues from now on. Can't stand those kids.

Комментариев нет: