I cannot believe Portugal beat Holland today! The referee should seriously be suspended from officiating games, he made some awful calls and let some serious fouls slide. He gave out a total of sixteen yellow cards, four of which were second offenses and sent the players out of the game.
Portugal scored a well played goal in the 23rd minute and I think much of the first half was well played by both teams. The second half was where the drama started and the referee just did not do his job. Holland should have won this game and I think they could have if they had another referee.
This win means that Portugal advances to the quarter-finals and will meet England on Saturday. I do not want to see Englad in the semi-finals but Portugal does not deserve to advance any further. I know life isn't fair, but I'm hoping for an English win.
Unfortunately for me, based on their match history, Portugal has a good chance to beat England. In the 1994 Euro Cup they beat England 6-5 in penalties. The last time they met in the World Cup was back in the 1966 finals where England won and took the World Cup title. Let's hope for a repeat.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий