пятница, июня 02, 2006

It's The Final Countdown.

This past week has been a little stressful for me. I had to decide what I was going to do with my lease, how I was going to pay for grad school, and other such pesky nuisances. So, even though I am going to be in greater financial hardship, I am taking out a loan to educate myself. I think this will be more than enough motivation for me to work harder than I've ever worked before and really get the most out of my degree.

I still haven't picked a program. I just submitted my application for another program at a school I got accepted to but, honestly, I'm not sure if I want to go there. It is located near a beach town. Like five minutes away. Which is awesome. Where is the school located? The boonies! You can see cows grazing in the fields from the dorm rooms. I have been toying with the idea of living outside of a major metropolitan city but grazing pastures? I don't know, it seems a little extreme to me.

As for the school itself, I have more research to do.

And I'm still waiting to hear from another school. Big school. Big city. Big trouble.

Now I have to decide whether I'm going to quit my job at the end of August or the middle of September. (Quit my job?! I'm finally going to do it!!!) The major plus of staying till mid-September is two weeks pay. But then I'm paying a months rent. However, if I end my lease in August, where do I stay till its time for me to leave? Hmm...

With A and M being out, my department is severely understaffed. We made an offer to a candidate and he turned it down. Which leaves us at zip. I seriously hope they find someone before I leave otherwise they are screwed! I'm sure they will. Either way, it doesn't affect me!

Комментариев нет: