I've always disliked the suburbs but thought that maybe, just maybe, someday I'd move out there if I had kids. Spending a weekend in the suburbs has made it certain I will live the city forever. And I do think the nature of the city does matter. It has to be a decent sized city in a blue state.
This weekend was hell. I got critisized for being single, not having a car, and living in the city. Well, no, I didn't get critisized for living in the city. All these suburban folk couldn't deal with the fact that they aren't young and don't live in the city and so put in all this effort to make me feel bad because I don't live in the suburbs. It was like, "Hi. How are you? Where do you live? Oh I lived in the city but when you have kids, you don't have any control over what your children are going to see so its just best to move out the suburbs. I'm glad I did. I couldn't have done it any other way." What is up with these people!?!?
Then there was the man who was telling me about a woman he dated from an all-women's college and couldn't figure out why she had been single for so long. He was convinced there was something horribly wrong with her. At first I was like, here is why your thought processes are wrong. But then I was thought - Was he talking about me? Because I've been single for almost three years now. Does everything think there is something wrong with me? Does there have to be something wrong with me? What a prick.
I hate the suburbs with a burning passion.
1 комментарий:
lol. you fell on the floor?
also, going to a women's college makes you socially unacceptable or lesbian, which is probably what that guy meant.
kisses,
b.
Отправить комментарий