среда, июня 08, 2005

America, the Ugly.

Out of sheer boredom I have been looking through other people's blogs and have come to a conclusion: America is a really ugly country. Europe is SO pretty. Asia is SO pretty. Australia is SO pretty. South America is SO pretty. Mexico and Canada are pretty damn scenic too. Of course there is abject poverty in many parts of the above mentioned geographical locations but its not like that doesn't exist here. I think the only place in America I would call breathtaking beautiful would be Hawaii. Everything in America is SO dull. And commercialism. I think thats what it is. There is some degree of simplicity in Europe's beaches and city life. While here, everything is spend spend spend! I've never been to Hawaii but I'm sure there is a lot of consumerism there too.

Yes, I am living in one of the fattest and depressed cities in this nation but I have seen other parts of this country and none of them have impressed me all that much. I'm sure there are many that would argue my above conclusion but I think America is a very depressing country. I want to go to a cute European town where I can sip an espresso on a some side street, hop off the beach every now and then, and just chill out.

Maybe this is about the grass being greener on the other side but everything about this country just wears me down. Americans work like dogs. Yeah, maybe Americans make more money than their international counterparts but life isn't all about money. I think the Europeans have it right. The French get the entire month of August off (and they work 35 hour weeks)! And its not even like France is a backwards country or anything like that. Obviously there is something wrong with this country. No doubt about it.

2 комментария:

unknown комментирует...

Ummmm, the Delta is fucking gorgeous- and have you been to the white beaches in Florida?

Ratchet комментирует...

Nothing compares to the beaches in Italy. Do try and convince me to believe otherwise but I really don't think you'll be successfull.