One of my co-workers is getting married in August and I was talking to him about his wedding and all those details. After our discussion re his wedding he asked me when my wedding was. I responded by saying that I had to find a man first and then we got into this conversation how I don't date as I haven't found anybody dateable etc etc. He just looked at me with this shocked expression as to say "You're not looking for someone to date?!" as if that should be my main aim and purpose in life. Sometimes I would like to be in a relationship but its not something I'm seeking right now. If it happens, great. If not, that's fine too. I just want to have fun. Do most people my age actively seek out men/women to date? Or is everybody just having fun?
To be honest I don't know if I'm ever going to be ready to commit and enter a relationship. And my commitment issues aren't about being monogamous, they're about not being to able to get rid of the other person just because I feel like it. I don't think I can enter a healthy functioning relationship. But that's another issue.
For example, I met this gentleman at a bar a few weeks ago and we started talking. He's a Pakistani boy finishing his undergraduate degree in August. I never meet Pakis at bars so it was nice to meet someone else from the motherland (I feel like the quintessential FOB -- we're from the same country! Lets be friends!). Anyway, we exchanged numbers etc and he called me last night to chat. He seemed like a decent guy but not somebody I'm interested in dating. He said he'd take me out to dinner and I'm like...Let's meet for drinks instead. I don't mean to be bitchy but I don't want him to get the wrong idea (assuming he's interested in more than just friends). Do I shut men out too soon?
1 комментарий:
You can date someone casually too- just b/c you go on a date with someone doesn't mean you have to get serious. Dating doesn't have to be all out serious- I think b/c we went to women's colleges we sometimes assume that a date = relationship when really, date = get to know you.
-Your sister
Отправить комментарий