Today was the funniest day ever. And by funny I mean pretty crappy. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I got to the bus stop ready to tackle the day and just before the bus pulled up realized it was the first day of the month and I needed to buy a new bus pass. So of course by the time I bought the pass I had already missed the bus. When I finally did get on the bus there was an accident on the Schuylkill Distressway. After a 2 hour commute to work I get to the office to find everything in shambles. Nothing I need is working and stuff from yesterday is screwed up too. So by the time I make some phone calls and figure stuff out, its noon and I still have not done any of my daily things (which are usually done by 830am). I'm not going to go on about everything that went wrong but I didn't leave work till 6pm and I'm still behind with my balancing/reconciliation by about 2 days. I contemplated going to work early tomorrow but I'm not. I'm not going to paid extra. Nobody is going to pat me on the back. If I remain at this company through the summer I'm already going to take on an additional person's responsibilities with no extra compensation. So whats the point? It'll be a busy day which will keep me from sending personal e-mails from my work account and shooting the shit with the receptionist.
I really hope today is not some indication of the rest of the month. But a more positive thought popped into my head a few moments ago. Things probably could get worse but I'm going to believe that the worst is out of the way and the only way from here is up. I'm going to think positive.
I e-mailed one of my professors from SC last week asking him to be my a reference. I was convinced he didn't remember me and when he didn't respond to my e-mail I was convinced that he did not in fact remember me or if he did, he thought I was not capable enough to be applying for this position. When I finally called him he e-mailed me back with a "Of course I remember you [you silly twat]" and he's agreed to be my reference! I worked my butt off in that class and he knows it. So yeah, this job is a stretch for me but I'm going to keep positive about this whole thing. I must apply tomorrow....
I ordered some kabobs for lunch today and my ignorant co-worker asked me what the difference between American kabobs and Desi kabobs were. According to her American kabobs are sheekh kabobs and she was confused because mine weren't on a skewer, like most sheekh kabobs. Talk about not being able to think out of the box. Anyway, I went on to explain to her the many other kinds of kabobs: shami, chapli, reshmi, etc. I was explaining how chapli kabobs are fried raw meat patties as opposed to fried cooked meat patties (like shami kabobs). When I mentioned the word raw meat she gave me the most horrified look like "You eat raw meat?!" I mean, does she think we're barbarians? I just looked at her and was "We don't eat raw meat. We're not that different." I hope I don't get that dumb if and when I am with child.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий