Two posts one after the other. Who knew?
I was reading The Metro this morning and came across this article where gift packages are being put together for the celebrity guests that will perform at Live 8. If I remember correctly these gift packages range in retail value from $400 - $1500. As the writer of the article correctly questioned, isn't Live 8 supposed to be about awareness and charity? Do the celebrity guests need gift bags as compensation for their time/energy/etc? Isn't performing in this historical event enough?
I went and saw Crash last night. What a great movie. The director did such a fantastic job. I like how the director made you change your opinions of the characters and really tested your thoughts and views on racism.
Watching this movie in combination with this celebrity gift bag bullshit -- what is this world coming to?
I thought about leaving Philly for the show as I don't really want to spend my Saturday with hundreds of thousands of hot sweaty people gathered on a street. Plus, the acts suck (oh right, it isn't about the acts but the cause). But at the same time, it will be interesting to see the crowd this show attracts. And the bar scene will definitely prove to be interesting (in a good way). But I'm thinking hanging out with my mom and sister will be much more interesting.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий