вторник, августа 08, 2006

I’m having a Miranda Moment.

My department’s newest member, Mr. South Philly, was putting up some pictures from his daughter’s christening up in his cube today. He came over to show me the pictures and I pretended as if I thought she was the cutest little thing ever. She is cute and all but there have been a total of maybe ten births in this office over this past year – I’m all babied out. So I continued to oh and ah and hoped he would leave me alone. And he did. And I was very happy.

I would like to add that as he was showing me the pictures he said, “Here, this will make you jealous.” I don’t know if he was trying to be funny but what the hell is that supposed to mean? That I’m jealous of people with babies because I want to have one? And, by me being a woman, I obviously feel incomplete without a baby? Yes, somebody please knock me up asap. Maybe I’m taking this all too seriously.

Комментариев нет: