I’ve been slightly appalled with the lack of coverage of current events by the Metro. For example the front-page news for the past few days has been how hot it is. Wow – I had no idea the heat index was above 100. I couldn’t tell. How about the tsunami that rocked Indonesia? How about the atrocities in the Middle East? How about Bush’s continuing retardedness?
I understand it’s not the best news source around and is catering to a certain audience but there are major stories unfolding – I think it is in the best interest of the target audience to be informed and aware of these events. That way, when elections come around, they can make educated decisions.
I was talking a friend about how uneducated most Americans are. They have no idea what is going on in politics but know the life history and gossip chain of hot-celebrity-of-the-moment. How depressing! We were talking about how pathetic it is that celebrities have to encourage Americans to vote when the simple motivation of having your country ruled by a competent person should be enough motivation!
I’m beginning to think this is all part of a master plan. The “higher powers” have taken world events out of mainstream media so people are kept in the dark. They’ve flooded the “news” with celebrity gossip, stupid columns, and the weather and have succeeded in “dumifying” the majority of Americans.
I partly blame these said Americans for not seeking alternative news sources but I think the bigger criminal is mainstream media. It is their responsibility to educate the masses – not delude them into some alternate reality.
Fox “News” is launching its very own morning show in January. This alleged news broadcasting network says the show, which will air at nine a.m, will “lean toward light, entertainment-driven news unless there is a major story”. This is, of course, to keep your average suburban housewife totally out of the loop so that, in the event she gets the memo to vote, she votes Republican.
Is it too much to ask that a mainstream network cover real news? If the 2008 elections don’t have something to do with American Idol I bet there will be a large number of Americans that won’t even vote! And then there will be a large number of Americans that would have liked to vote but can't because they have been killed in Bush’s attempt to prove to the world he does indeed have a big d*ck. Whatever Bush, you're not fooling anyone.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий