понедельник, июля 10, 2006

Red Flags.

S fell off the planet for about a month. Wanting closure (or living in denial), I called him and left him a message basically telling him I'd been busy with my parents for the greater part of the month and wanted to know if he'd like to get together for coffee.

He called me right back, I was busy, and so he left a message. I returned his phone call that evening - he was at work and said he would call later. He hasn't yet.

It's only been a day so I'm not going to get all neurotic but for someone who's supposed to be wooing me, he's doing an awful job.

His excuse for not calling me for a month was that he had phone issues and wasn't eligible for a phone upgrade until recently. In the meantime he was using his daughter's phone and couldn't access any phone numbers from his phone. Believable.

The thing I don't understand is that he had my number the whole time! I gave him my business card (with my cell number on the back) the first night we met. We also exchanged e-mails briefly in the beginning of our whatever-you-want-to-call-it. So it wasn't like he had no way to get in touch with me.

I know the whole "he's just not that into you" theory and this seems like a prime example of that behavior exhibiting itself. But why did he return me call? For fun? Or is he just that big of a flake?

I've decided, and hope I can do it, that I will talk to him about all this. I'm, at some point, very tactfully, going to tell him his behavior and actions, or lack there of, hurt me. And, I'm willing to spend some more time with him if he gets a clue and puts in a little more effort.

I met a random dude at a bar last week and he called me a few days later wanting to get together for drinks. Granted he is a man at a bar putting the moves on a random girl at bar, it made me realize I want to be with a man who is going to make me feel special. Especially in the beginning of a relationship.

S did make me feel very special in the beginning. And then, just as quickly as we got to know each other, he vanished.

I'll be upset if things don't work out with S. But I know now that it's because he's a giant flake. And I deserve better than that.

Комментариев нет: