понедельник, июля 03, 2006

It’s all about timing.

This weekend I was way stressed about my loan situation. The more and more I think about all of this, I begin to think that it’s a better idea to stay here another year.

The pros:

  1. I need a Canadian social insurance number to apply for this loan. I don’t have one. It takes three weeks to get the social insurance number, two weeks to get the loan approved (or denied), and another few weeks to get a student visa approved. There are only ten weeks before orientation starts. I hate rushing things and being under crazy amounts of stress.

  2. My work visa expires in one year – if I stay till its expiration I won’t have to shell out the cost of the visa.

  3. My cell phone contract expires in one year – if I stay till its expiration I won’t have to shell out the cost of breaking the contract.

  4. I’ll finish paying off my credit card debt and my credit rating will improve (better loan repayment terms). Maybe I’ll even have some money saved up!


The cons:

  1. I will have to work here for another freaking year.


On the other hand, I could apply for other jobs. I found some cool development jobs in the DC area. My friend’s ex-boyfriend works for this development company in Bethesda and loves working there. I applied for a job there earlier and didn’t hear anything back from them. If I totally re-vamp my resume and cover letter, maybe I’ll have a better chance?

Quantitatively the pros outweigh the cons. Qualitatively, I’m not so sure.

Thoughts?

Side note: I am loving playing around with all this HTML code! Currently, the body of my blog hugs the left side when I view through Firefox but at work I use IE so it looks normal. I have to fix that. And other things.

Комментариев нет: