Today has only been slightly better than yesterday. I'm still trying to fix up yesterday's issues. Trade wise, we'll be a-ok tomorrow. I still have to balance our books for yesterday and today. Which I won't get done till tomorrow. And then I'll have to balance for tomorrow and so on and so forth. You get the point, it'll be one step forward one step back till Monday I think. And then I'll get to work on everything I had to shelf this week. Argh.
A Drexel grad starting working here a while ago and was on a temp visa until my employer offered him a full job with sponsorship. We both take the bus and sometimes we'll leave at the same time and chat. I warned him about how the company screwed me over with my visa and urged him to read his contract and offer letter carefully and, if needed, start negotiations to drop the length of the contract from three years to one. Or something. Anything so that he never finds himself in the position I'm in.
He accepted the position that was offered to him and said that while they had agreed to sponsor him, no particulars were mentioned. Not even after he specifically asked about it. Strange but good for him! After he signed, they issued an addendum which stated if he leaves before one year, he will have to reimburse. He called them on changing the terms of the contract after he had signed but, thankfully for him, he's not signing three years of his life away.
As for me, it's too late. But I wonder when they changed their policy. And I wonder if there is a policy. He works in a different department so maybe it was the boss's call? If that's the case then I'm speechless. If policies have changed, why wasn't I informed? Like I said, it's too late for me; I'm leaving in six months. But maybe this information would have been useful to me last year. Or the year before that. When I could have left.
Newbie still makes careless errors and I think that's why I'm so upset about what happened. It's not like he did this once and it's out of character for his work ethic. He does dumb shit like this all the time and everybody brushes it off because there is no monetary loss to the company. What about loss of efficiency? Does anybody care about that?
I got on the treadmill for a run this morning and when it asked me to enter the weight I stopped and stared at the machine. Because in the last month, how long it's been since I've been on the treadmill, I've lost four pounds and for the first time since sophomore year of college, I am out of my 140s and into my 130s. It was such a strange feeling. But a good feeling. I also ran 3.5 miles in 33 minutes. So I feel pretty good about myself. Although, I am extremely sore and I feel constant pain in my glutes. But I'll take it.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий