First: Philadelphia's 84th murder victim of the year was shot yesterday in front of city hall. The city's murder count is up 17, or 25%, from this time last year. TWENTY FIVE PERCENT!!!! Need I say more?
Second: This fair city provides funding for only 20% of the local community college's expenses (32% comes from the state). That's down from 37 and 33% respectively from almost thirty years ago. The unions have cut salaries to make ends meet but the city refuses to provide more funding. I don't know how such a crime infested city does not support education.
Third: SEPTA. If the state doesn't provide additional funding for the city's public transportation system, fare hikes and service cuts will happen come July.
I don't understand how "the next big city" can be "the next big city" if it's murder rate is worse than Camden's, the nation's most dangerous city, and can't find enough money to support it's education and public transportation facilities.
This city has serious cash flow problems. Two things need to happen. The first is that this stupid city needs to get rid of the wage tax so bigger businesses can move back in. And the second is that there is too much corruption!!! Too many expense accounts. It's too much!!! Why should teachers who barely live above the poverty line take pay cuts while city politicians take extended vacations on the city's dime? I know life isn't fair but this is too much. Too much.
On the upside, Hall and Oates will be headlining the July 4 show. My first fourth show that I'm actually excited about! Sweet!
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий