Newbie accidentally downloaded the wrong day's file to our system and supremly screwed up one of our client's account. It's not the hugest deal for the client and there is no monetary loss; tomorrow everything will be in order. The same cannot said for me. I spent the entire day fixing the client's account. A process that normally takes me between an hour or two every day took me all day. And I'm not even done! I'm probably going to spend the whole week fixing up the loose ends. In addition to all of that, things have just been hectic at work with other things, especially with the way the market has been trading this past week.
I'm not really pissed at Newbie. I just feel like I'm the only one who is attentive to detail and a dilligent worker. I've had my fair share of mistakes but I feel like, with this issue, it could have been prevented. Two files came in from the client, one was erroneous, one was correct. Only one should have come in. The same thing has happened to me before and when the second file comes around, I take the extra five minutes to figure out what the issue is. Mr. Boss just excused Newbie because he said he would have made the same error. And tried to push the blame on to the client, they shouldn't have sent us the erroneous file. Yes, agreed. I also understand we can't do anything about it now. And I know it has nothing to do with me. But I still wished people would give a little bit of shit every now and then.
I'm a little sad because I feel like my part of my brain has atrophied. I tried to do some simple work yesterday and, what would have taken me thirty seconds three years ago, took me about half and hour. Maybe I'm getting old and mourning the loss of my youth, I don't know. But I just feel like I've wasted all of this time at this damn job and I'm never going to get it back.
Also, I have a yeast infection. Gross.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий