четверг, марта 15, 2007

Work Sucks.

This morning, minutes after I walked into the office, Mr. Director (Mr. Boss's Boss) asked to speak with me in his office. I was a little scared he was going to give me a warning and threaten to fire me. Not scared enough though because I prepared my breakfast,leisurely ate my Kashi, and then, after I had finished and ordered my lunch, I went and visited Mr. Director.

Apparently the "higher ups" had been informed that I had been slacking on paying out our bills. And, only because the higher ups were involved, Mr. Director insisted I attend to the issue asap. And then he went on about how I hadn't been paying any bills in the past three months and how the situation has become really embarrassing for him and the department.

My thoughts: what-ever. I knew he was pulling shit out of his ass but wasn't going to say anything because I wanted to take my time and gather statistics and numbers to throw in his face.

So, I nodded my head and told him what he wanted to hear and went on my merry way. Not only did I do what he wanted me to do, I found every single bill I have paid in the past three months and calculated the total. It had come to well over $7000. I stopped by his office and alerted him to the e-mail I sent to the concerned party and said, "And I just wanted to clarify, you and Mr. Boss have approved over $7000 in bills for me over the past three months." What did Mr. Director say? "Well, I guess I
misspoke." No shit asshole.

I pulled aside Mr. Boss and told him it is not fair for him or Mr. Director to get upset with me over issues that are not within my control. I was on track with all of my work but was blindsided by the week's activity. I am a diligent worker and get
all of my work done. They cannot get upset with me when I am their best worker. They cannot get mad at me because their boss is involved.

That is what I had about my company. Why is it that everything is peachy until your boss is involved? Where are your morals and standards? Why can you tolerate somethings but then when the auditors or boss starts asking questions you get your panties in a wad?

I hate it. I need a day off.

Комментариев нет: