пятница, мая 26, 2006

An Incriminating Post.

I'm trying this new thing when I drink: with every drink I get I ask myself "Why are you getting this drink? Do you really need it?"

Now that I'm asking these questions, I really need to work on answering them.

I know nobody likes a counter but I had four champagne drinks and four beers last night. I think after a certain amount of alcohol my body refuses to digest it. And so I wake up the next morning as if no time had elapsed because I'm just as drunk, if not more, than I was when I went to bed.

The night started off well. The wife and I went to the Continental for some drinks (I LOVE champagne). We celebrated and toasted to the fact that both of us are not going to be in Philadelphia next year because we're both going to grad school (say it with me: HALLELUJAH!). Then I met up with some folks at Good Dog, went to a party in West Philly (which was a little weird), and then to Fuime where I had a PBR. I remember the exact moment when someone handed me the PBR, my thought process went something like this: Gross, I have a PBR in my hand. This is disgusting. Hmm, I'm too drunk to even notice this is the worst tasting beer ever.

I really wasn't that drunk. Honestly. Until I woke up this morning. It was BAD.

Thankfully I didn't do anything embarrassing or stupid (I think).

Its mornings like this I'm so happy I don't drive. If I had to drive to work this morning, I would definitely have gotten pulled over for a DUI. Fo sho.

I thought coming to work in an altered state would slow me down but it hasn't! Maybe by an hour. But I did come into work late today. So yeah, I've done my work, checked my daily blogs, and posted twice. Gosh, its tough to be me.

Комментариев нет: